Tuesday, February 6, 2007








As soon as I heard his voice I knew there was something wrong.It was my boyfriend's friend. I don't remember much about the message; all I remember were the words accident and hospital. When I hung up the phone I was I was emotionless. I just sat at my desk and watched the minutes tick by http://cd.textfiles.com/10000soundssongs/WAV/TIC1.WAV on the oversized clock facing my cubicle. After a few minutes the annoying sound of the slow ticking clock started to drain out now all I could hear was the loud thumping noise coming from my chest http://members.aol.com/kjbleu/splits1and2.wav. Panic took over my body and tears flooded my eyes. I began pacing. “I need to go to the hospital, I need to leave, where’s my keys, I need to go…” My body was trembling; I was scared and so angry all at the same time. I raced down the stairs to get to my car but with every step came more tears and a harder time breathing; I couldn’t see straight, I felt like I had a five hundred pound weight on my chest , I knew I shouldn’t be driving but still I couldn’t muster up the strength to call somebody to pick me up. I honestly do not remember how I got there but somehow I was at the hospital.

No comments: